Eyes on the prize: new season, new goals

Head of Community & Content

Eyes on the prize

Ahead of the spring season, we catch up with three of the college players in the Clippd Community to talk goals, upcoming tournament dates and what Clippd is telling them about their game

Name:  College preview.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  74.8 KB

Kristoffer Max

Now in his senior year at the University of Colorado, Kristoffer hails from Holte, outside Copenhagen, and names Thomas Bjørn and Thorbjørn Olesen among the players who have inspired him.

Kristoffer is confident his golf is trending in the right direction. In early October, CU’s men’s golf team recorded its best result of the season, finishing second in the Ka'anapali Classic Collegiate in Maui. Kristoffer finished on nine under par, notching 18 birdies in his best 54-hole total in a collegiate event. In his first competitive rounds after a seven-week layoff, he then won a recent 36-hole qualifying event.

Name:  Kristoffer Max.png
Views: 459
Size:  170.7 KB
    Kristoffer Max

“We have a bunch of decent tournaments this semester,” he explains. “I’m looking forward to playing at San Diego Country Club because of the crazy fast greens, and Stanford's event because it is on a really good golf course with a really strong field. Lastly, I'm looking forward to the Pac-12, a very prestigious event and probably my favourite tournament of the year.”

The the 6ft 4in Dane reveals his targets for this final stage of his college career are to “to be the number 1 golfer on the team, bring the team to the NCAA regionals and have a team or individual win. Qualifying for the regionals, either as a team or individual, has not happened in my first three years in Colorado, so it's a big goal for me.” Beyond his Buffalos career, he states his five-year plan is to competing on a “top tier tour”.

Asked how Clippd is helping him, Kristoffer says, “the platform gives me specific areas to focus on, not just an area of the game, but an area within the area which is really helpful.”

Jack Rahon

Jack Rahon, a senior at Seattle University, comes from a family of accomplished sportsmen and women – his father played baseball at Long Beach State, one of his sisters played basketball for Seattle University and another was a gymnast at the University of Minnesota. In four years at Servite High School, California, Jack showcased his potential with an extraordinary record of 66 matchplay wins in 67 matches.

This semester, the Western Athletic Conference will take Jack and his Redhawks teammates to tournaments at premier venues such as Bandon Dunes and Chambers Bay. At last year’s Bandon Dunes Championship, Jack closed with a fine 68 in round three.

Name:  Jack Rahon.png
Views: 432
Size:  168.8 KB
    Jack Rahon

Before using Clippd, Jack says he did not realise that his driving is quite as strong as it is. "I didn't think I was gaining so many shots just by hitting it straight," he remarks. "It’s definitely made me realise my driving is really good and that I need to be focusing on the other three parts of my game." 'Relative Importance' is another feature that he's dialled into and he says the insights he’s getting have changed how he practices.

Jack confirms his aim is to turn professional after college. “It’s my goal and I think I’m good enough to make some money,” he says.

Magnus Lomholt

Magnus Lomholt enjoyed a fine fall season with the men's golf team at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The Dane, who is in his junior year, recorded a third place finish in the Jim Rivers Intercollegiate before setting set three college career bests – for his second round 65, his 54-hole total of 2016 (10 under par), and his second place finish – at the Little Rock Invitational in mid-October. It was a showing that helped the Trojans win the team event by a full 17 shots. Magnus followed this by firing a final-round 66 for a T4 at the White Sands Bahamas Invitation.

Name:  Magnus Lomholt.png
Views: 444
Size:  234.1 KB
    Magnus Lomholt

Magnus’ stroke average for the Little Rock Trojans in the 2021/22 season is more than four shots lower than his overall average for the previous year. Not surprisingly, this has led to him revising his goals for the year. "My biggest ones are to be an All-American, be a member of the winning Palmer Cup team and win a college event," he explains. "Those are pretty steep goals and I will have to be on top of my game to reach them, but I feel confident I can do it."

This semester, he says he's excited about playing in the events hosted by Stanford and Texas A&M. "They're back to back and it's gonna to be two awesome fields at two pretty sweet courses [Stanford GC and The Traditions Club]." Beyond that, Magnus has his sight set on competing in the British Amateur Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes this summer.

The insights from Clippd are helping, he confirms: “I believe Clippd can elevate my game by making it clearer what's important for me and where I can improve.”

Everyone at Clippd wishes @jackrahon @kristoffer.max and @magnus.lomholt along with all the other college players in the community the best of luck for the coming season.

What new features would you like to see?
    What golf can learn from other sports – the Olympic Performance Director's view
    How to capture data from practice drills
    Why Clippd? The story of our name
    Got a question? Ask here and we'll get back to you

Last edited by Josh; 04-02-22 at 16:29.
    Dan Davies
    Head of Community & Content
    Clippd
  • 0 Replies