Got a question? Let us know

Community Manager
    Thanks for posting, I've been able to speak to the team now who've let me know the following:

1) The drills/games are indeed very similar, the difference is the rules and scoring for the games. Pitching String - Your total score is the combined proximity in feet. Wedge Ladder - awards points for hitting within three yards of the target distance. When you have completed a game and are viewing it in Clippd, you can see a little info icon to explain the scoring.

2) In the ARG, 6ft conversion zone drill we do ask for for the end distance to the hole to see how effective the shot was.

3) This is perfect timing, watch this space as in the next 24hrs our new release is launching where we're introducing the calculated handicap comparisons. Once this release is live, you'll be able to choose which comparison you wish to see in your Settings > Display preferences.
    Clippd's Community Manager
    Level 3
    @Josh
    2) In the ARG, 6ft conversion zone drill we do ask for for the end distance to the hole to see how effective the shot was.
    Sorry, I meant the APP games (e.g. wedge ladder), they all want carry distance, not total. Why is that? It doesn't ask for total either.

There's no way to sync practice with clippd with a launch monitor like Garmin R10 is there? I see you have some partnership with Garmin, but I'm not sure for what exactly; is it for importing rounds entered in Garmin?
    Community Manager
    @colinbdaly

In App games we ask for carry distance as launch monitors/smart ranges can give an accurate value, and it takes out some of the variability of bounce/spin etc.

You can use the R10 to help with practice as you can get accurate carry distance etc from it but at the moment, there's no technical integration. However, we are in discussions with Garmin who are working on a proper connectivity solution that would potentially allow a full synch with the R10.

Our Garmin solution at the moment is a simple way to fast track getting rounds into Clippd from Garmin, but due to limitations in the data we receive, it does still require the user to add some data in Clippd Capture eg putts as Garmin doesn’t really record them.
    Level 1
    Hi,
    I love that you have included the feature to compare with a specific hcp, but I struggle to understand the "results". See image attached, I have used OTT as an example. During this round I hit 86 % fairways (extremely happy with that) with an average distance of 233 yards (average for 15 hcp is 211 yards). Yet, the Clipped algorithm says that my SG OTT is - 2.88. To me this does not make any sense. Similar or even worse for the other categories giving me a total SG of -23.97 for a round that was quite good compared to a hcp of 15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde2023-10-02133844.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	1182
    Last edited by Josh; 02-10-23 at 13:28.
    Community Manager
    @drthomas

Strokes Gained is always benchmarked to a tour player which is why you're seeing a negative number. However, you can compare your round performance for each department of the game to a male 15 handicap by taking your round average Shot Quality and looking at the expected Player Quality for a 15 handicap, which can be found in each of the drilldowns.

As an example, your OTT average Shot Quality was 73 for this round whereas the expected Player Quality for a 15 handicap is 55. This shows just how much better you were than the average.

Level 3
    Found another quirk in scoring yesterday. I (regrettably!!!) putt off the green and it rolled into the rough. There was only an option for putting off the green into fairway or bunker, not rough. Seems like an easy fix for you guys.

This is just my 2 cents on the shot input. It seems like it would be easier to just say on the next shot what the starting lie is. Why on my active putt/shot, do I need to say where it ended up? From far shots I can never tell where it ended up until I get there, so I can't close out the previous shot until I get there. Seems like it would be a lot easier to just say where your current shot is from. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Community Manager
    @colinbdaly

Ah, it happens to the best of us!

I'm going to speak to the team on this one and get back to you. Leave it with me.
    Community Manager
    @colinbdaly

Hi Colin,

Apologies for the delay, I've now been able to speak with the team.

We will look to add rough as an end lie for any unfortunate events on the green moving forward! Every chance I'll need it at some point!

On the end lie, we found more people preferred entering it on that shot. However, the Product Team are now aware of your feedback on the matter and have taken it into consideration.

Thanks again for the feedback, it really is valued!
    Level 3
    When you're looking at a round and the "shot by shot" it always tells you distance off the tee -- for every shot on the hole. It would be much better if it showed what the distance to the pin was. What do I need to know the distance off the tee when I'm looking at the putt on the green on my 3rd shot? And none of the columns show me distance to the hole at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot2023-10-15at7.48.13PM.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1184
    Last edited by Josh; 16-10-23 at 07:52.
    Level 3
    I wanted to edit a shot I hit from today (change from recovery to layup). This was my second shot. The only way I can edit older shots is by deleting the ones after it? This would be deleting shots 3 and 4, just to edit a detail on shot 2. That has got to be a bug...