Hi all, thank you to everyone who attended the Coach Portal Webinar. We collated the questions asked during the session and provide answers below. This is the first release of the Coach Portal and more functionality will be available very soon.

If you have not done so already, please spend a few minutes watching Coach Portal Video Guide presented by Marcus El. You'll find the majority of questions are answered in the video.

Click on any of the links below to be taken to the relevant section. If you have any further questions, you can contact us at support@clippd.io.
Questions about Login & Setting
Questions about Schedule
Questions about Tournament Hosting & Admin
Questions about Host Course Set-up
Questions about Live Scoring
Questions about Scoring & Submitting Results

Login & Password

Q: I haven’t received my coaches portal login yet. What should I do?

A: Email Clippd Community Manager Josh Coles — josh@clippd.io — with the following information:
1. The name of your college.
2. The names, job titles and email addresses of all those within your organization that require access to the Coach Portal.
We will then send login details to all the relevant people in your organization.

Q: I am trying to generate a new password and haven’t received an email back. What should I do?

A: First you need to enter the temporary password we send you in the email. You will then be prompted to set a new password. If you’re still having issues, please email us at support@clippd.io and we will create you a new temporary password that will allow you to set your own password.

Schedule

Q. I am adding tournaments to my schedule, but one of the tournaments has multiple tournament options listed. Does it matter which tournament I add?

A. It does not matter which one you add. The tournament host still has the responsibility to ensure the correct teams are in the event.

Q: Can I enter a tournament or add it to my schedule without being invited to it?

A: You can add any event available in the menu to your schedule. However, this does not mean that you are playing in the event. The tournament host is responsible for ensuring the correct teams are playing in the event.

Q. Will our schedules show estimated points available to determine strength of event?

A. We will pass this suggestion through to Mark Broadie.

Q. Do we need to add Conference Championships to our tournament schedule?

A. No. Conference tournament admins will soon have access to the Coach Portal in order to administer their events.

Tournament Hosting / Admin

Q. Does JV mean B team? If not, what does it mean?

A. JV stands for Junior Varsity, which denotes a B-team or any non-A team. So, a JV team could be a C, D or E team, and so on.

Q. Is there an option to create tee sheets from the tournament setup for starters?

A. This is phase one of the Coach Portal. Phase two is coming very soon and will include options for printables and tee times.

Q. As tournament host, can I add a new player on behalf of visiting team if the visiting coach has not added the player?

A. The tournament host cannot add a new player for another team. Please either email support@clippd.io or contact the coach of the team in question.

Q. What if a team only brings individuals?

A. You can enter a team of all individuals. Here's how:
1. Click 'Add Individual'.
2. Add the individual players.
3. Click the Trash Can next to the A-team to remove the A-team. This will then leave a team of individuals. This is explained in our video guide.

Q. What happens if a school has multiple teams (i.e. Team A and Team B)?

A. In the team section you have the option to add multiple teams. Click the + button to add a second or B team, and/or a third or C team. You can keep adding more teams if you require them.

Q. What if an event is combined with Men's and Women's teams, but the men play 3 rounds and the women play only 2 rounds?

A. You need to set up the men’s event and the women’s tournaments as separate events in the Coach Portal

Q. I've noticed as teams click 'Competing', some will add as Varsity and others will add as JV (Junior Varsity of B team). Is it possible to have the Varsity option automatically selected?

A. This was a bug that has been fixed. Now, whenever a coach clicks 'Add to Schedule' it will automatically add their team to the event as a Varsity or A team. Any teams that have been previously added will now appear as Varsity/A teams.

Q. How does the system manage substitutes during a multi-day tournament?

A. This is phase one of the Coach Portal. We recognize that substitutes are allowed in post-season events and this functionality will be available in time for post-season events.

Course set-up

Q. Are new course names/tees visible for everyone or just the tournament host?

A. Any course/tee which has been added to the database will be visible for everyone.

Q. What information is required to set up a course?

A. As tournament host, you need to add hole lengths and pars. We have these listed based on course scorecards. As per the video guide, you can add your own tournament tees by editing/changing hole distances and then naming the course set-up for a particular tournament.

Q. If I am hosting a combined tournament, how do I enter two different tees?

A. You need to set them up as separate events. The option for a combined men's and women's event will soon be removed from the Coach Portal.

Live Scoring

Q. When will Scoreboard's live scoring product be available?

A. As per our announcement in December at the Vegas convention, we are working on the Scoreboard live scoring product being available for the fall 2024 season. We are making good progress and plan to be beta testing the product before the end of this season.

Q. How do we get scores into Scoreboard if we are using a different live scoring service provider?

A. We are very close to announcing Golfstat as our first open API partner for live scoring. Once this integration is live, any college using Golfstat’s live scoring platform will see scoring data flow automatically between Golftstat and Scoreboard.

As a result, at the end of each day, the scores and results you have recorded using Golfstat will automatically be saved in the Coach Portal. The tournament host will then be required to verify scores/results in the Coach Portal and publish them to the Scoreboard website and app.

We are hopeful that the Golfstat live scoring integration will be up and running in the next two weeks. If you are hosting a tournament between now and mid-March, please contact us at support@clippd.io. We will help to ensure your scores are published in time to be included in the following week's ranking.

As more live scoring partners choose to integrate with Scoreboard via the open API we have made available, and those integrations become active, the same thing will happen — once scores have been verified in the live scoring technology that you are using they will populate automatically in the Coach Portal. You will then be required to verify the scores in the Coach Portal and publish them to the Scoreboard app and website.

Once third party live scoring partners are integrated with Scoreboard, if you choose to use a software that does not integrate with the Scoreboard API, you will be required to enter the scores manually via the Coach Portal at the end of each day of competition.

Q. Can you explain what host schools are responsible for if another platform is used for live scoring?

A. All tournament hosts are required to set up the event details, participating teams and line-ups, and course set-up in the Scoreboard Coach Portal. Once the Golfstat live scoring integration is live, if you choose to use a non-integrating live scoring platform it will be your responsibility as tournament host to manually enter scores into the Scoreboard Coach Portal, verify those scores and publish them to the main Scoreboard app and website. If scores and results are not published in Scoreboard they will not be included in Mark Broadie’s weekly rankings.

The open API has been made available to a variety of live scoring partners. As more of these partners choose to integrate with Scoreboard via the open API, the same thing will happen with each: once scores have been verified in the live scoring technology you are using they will populate automatically in the Coach Portal. You will then be responsible for verifying the scores in the Coach Portal and publishing them to the Scoreboard app and website.

Scoring & Submitting Results

Q. Should teams keep scorecards, as they do in stroke play rounds, for match play events. Do they need to play out all 18 holes for rankings even if match is decided early?

A.
Teams need to keep all completed scorecards for stroke play events. For match play, they do not need to finish 18 holes if the match has already been decided. We would recommend that teams keep scorecards for match play but it is not a requirement.

Q. What happens if an outside organization is hosting a college tournament?

A.
We will begin onboarding outside organizations, including conference offices, to the Coach Portal in the coming weeks for them to register and administer their events.

Q. What time of the week are results due in order to be included in rankings?

A.
We need results to be submitted by midnight ET on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to be included in that week's rankings.
Dan Davies
Head of Community & Content
Clippd