The 200 Club

Community Manager

Introducing The 200 Club

Described by some (us, mainly) as “golf’s most desirable club”, The 200 Club is limited to those who have registered a “perfect shot” on Clippd

Name:  Les-Bordes-new-7th-0105-web.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  251.1 KB

Photo: Kevin Murray

If you have recorded a hole in one, holed out with an approach shot, canned a ridiculously difficult bunker shot or made a bomb from way, way, way down town, you might well have scored a maximum 200
    in Shot Quality. The first thing we’d like to say is
    👏.👏 👏

Secondly, we’d like you to welcome you to The 200 Club, an illustrious group of golfers who have all created and tasted perfection!

Finally, we'd love it if you'd share your success with the Clippd Community in this thread. Post a screenshot of your 200 shot on Clippd
    , and provide us with a few details about the where, when and how.
    👇

Look out for 200 Club member benefits
    🏆 coming soon!

Last edited by Josh; 07-04-22 at 09:07.
  • 7 Replies

Level 3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220118-173056_Samsung Internet.png 
Views:	1196 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	66
    @Josh November 13th 2021, 13th hole, Royal North Devon GC, binned 8 iron for eagle three. After a chilli-dipped 3-iron, this was a masterful RND 8-iron, bumbled along the fine fescue, up over the upturned saucer green, along the putting surface and dropping in like a putt. The eagle had landed!
    Last edited by Josh; 19-01-22 at 09:24.
    Level 2
    As the first member and 2 time inductee of the 200 club I suppose I should kick things off.

My first 200 was a hole in one at Leven Links on the first day's golf of our September trip to Scotland. After a hearty lunch of scotch pie, chips and beans washed down with a pint of Tennents, we set off for our second 18 of the day. On the short par 3 5th, playing 136 yards with the front of the green hidden from view, I managed to get the club head somewhere close to the ball on the way back down for a horrible heavy pull, to which I turned away in disgust. I expected to find my ball short left or maybe just on the front of the green, and was a bit disappointed when we arrived at the green to not see it. After searching for nearly all of my allotted 3 minutes I encouraged my playing partners to carry on and putt out. After Ollie got to the hole, to everyone's surprise he found my ball nestled in the bottom of the cup for what has been described as "the worst hole in one in the history of golf". I don't know what happened to my ball between me turning away and finding it in the hole and I don't really care!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-18 183359.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  18.7 KB

My second 200 was just a quick 9 holes at Royal North Devon after work on a breezy October afternoon. I went straight from the carpark to the tee without a stretch or a practice swing, and just about managed to find the face to carve my opener out onto the 18th fairway. With no chance of reaching the green into the wind, my aim was to just get it back on the correct hole. My third was a lovely looking shot that never left the flag, pitched about 9 inches past the flag and had just enough spin to trickle back into the hole.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-18 184727.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  24.9 KB
    Last edited by neilajames87; 18-01-22 at 18:10.
    Community Manager
    @neilajames87 have we discovered the necessary dietary requirements for good golf!? All joking aside, it must be an enormous privilege to be a multiple member of what’s known as (by us) the most desirable club in golf!!
    Community Manager

Name:	Screenshot_20220118-173056_Samsung Internet.png 
Views:	1196 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	66
    @Josh November 13th 2021, 13th hole, Royal North Devon GC, binned 8 iron for eagle three. After a chilli-dipped 3-iron, this was a masterful RND 8-iron, bumbled along the fine fescue, up over the upturned saucer green, along the putting surface and dropping in like a putt. The eagle had landed!

@tanton8 Super stuff from you as always! Looks like it was an interesting hole based on the previous two shots Shot Quality!
    Level 1
    Hole 4 @ Gleneagles PGA course (Par 3 188 yards) 6 iron little draw 1 bounce and in! First ace!

Name:	356385FA-4AB1-4AF0-AAEE-B380818A79CB.jpeg 
Views:	852 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	523

Name:	DE58614B-C546-4308-BDC3-84589007BD63.jpeg 
Views:	874 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	524
    Last edited by Josh; 11-04-22 at 10:22.
    Level 3
    Hole 4 @ Gleneagles PGA course (Par 3 188 yards) 6 iron little draw 1 bounce and in! First ace!
    Unreal Liam - looks like the sun even came out for it!
    Community Manager

Fantastic stuff Liam, the fact it was your first and at a place like Gleneagles! Welcome to the exclusive 200 Club!