Got a question? Let us know

Community Manager
    @kocherspaniel

Good questions!

1) The Strokes Gained data is still based on Tour players.

2) I will raise this with the team. The difficulty in doing so is that we would need a data benchmark to base how difficult a 'forest/woods' lie would be. Our Shot Quality scores are based upon the millions of shots, and the information (including start lie), hit on the PGA Tour. We're then able to accurately calculate the Shot Quality score for each. What this means is that if the ShotLink data doesn't include specific lies, we're not able to accurately calculate the Shot Quality for Clippd members.

Having spoken with the team here, the best bet would be to put down as Pinestraw for the time being and as we develop, we'll be looking at ways we can add more options and accuracy!
    Clippd's Community Manager
    Level 1
    @kocherspaniel

Good questions!

1) The Strokes Gained data is still based on Tour players.

2) I will raise this with the team. The difficulty in doing so is that we would need a data benchmark to base how difficult a 'forest/woods' lie would be. Our Shot Quality scores are based upon the millions of shots, and the information (including start lie), hit on the PGA Tour. We're then able to accurately calculate the Shot Quality score for each. What this means is that if the ShotLink data doesn't include specific lies, we're not able to accurately calculate the Shot Quality for Clippd members.

Having spoken with the team here, the best bet would be to put down as Pinestraw for the time being and as we develop, we'll be looking at ways we can add more options and accuracy!

Thanks Josh! That all makes sense!
    Level 1
    I have taken the following tests (practices) and input my numbers via my launch monitor, however no data is showing on my "Launch Monitor, approach" information. Any insight, tips? am I missing something?

Mid Iron Play (140-180 yds) x4

Wedge & Short Iron Play (100-140 yds) x1

Wedge Ladder (50–100 yds) x1

Name:  Screenshot2024-04-18at11.14.07 PM.png
Views: 35
Size:  94.2 KB
    Community Manager
    Hi @tchamp3

The data that shows there is only from TrackMan launch monitor data (at the moment!). However, the drills you have completed should be showing in your list of activities as well as contributing to your overall Player Quality numbers albeit with a smaller impact than a round of golf.

Our aim is to have as great a suite of technology providers as possible, including launch monitors. As soon as we have updates on new partnerships we'll be letting everyone know!
    Level 1
    @Dan I am trying to record a new round that was played, when I click the Launch Capture App from a PC browser, it opens a new window but I am getting an error message off to the right "Failed to load activity due to bad data" and it keeps trying over and over to refresh and now I am stuck in an endless loop. Please see attached screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot2024-04-19091354.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	1424
    Last edited by Josh; 1 Week Ago at 08:33.
    Level 1
    Hi, there is a miscalculation on the shot distance on an approach shot from a recent round. This was the third shot onto a par 5 from 28 yards, the shot went long and ended up on the fringe past the pin resulting in an 11 yard shot back. In the shot by shot data, it shows that for shot 3, the shot distance was only 17 yards (28-11) instead of 39 yards (28+11) as the shot went long. I have attached a screenshot from shotscope showing what what actually happened as well as screenshots on how this shot was entered in the clippd capture app. Am I suppose to enter this a different way to show that the shot went long?

Name:	Shot3enhanceddetails.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	1428

Name:	shotscope.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	1425

Name:	Shot3shotquality.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	1426

Name:	Shot3details.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	1427
    Last edited by Josh; 1 Week Ago at 08:34.
    Level 1
    @Dan I am just getting started with Clippd and Arccos. I recorded a round on Arccos yesterday. I believe I have the round published and its not marked at private. My Arccos account is linked to my Clippd account. However, I get the same error that has been previously mentioned. ("The update could not be processed. Please wait until the ongoing refresh process is complete."). Advice or guidance on how to get my Arccos-tracked rounds updated into Clippd? Thank you.

Name:	IMG_8657.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	1429
    Last edited by Josh; 1 Week Ago at 08:33.
    Community Manager
    Hi @kyle.yamamoto ,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we experienced a temporary outage over the weekend that affected the importing of data. This should now be fixed (you may need to log in and out again) but let me know if you're still experiencing issues!
    Community Manager
    @chasin_aces_golf

Over the weekend we experienced an technical outage that affected data being important. This is now fixed and you shouldn't be seeing the error message. However, let me know if you're still having issues.

Ps. I'm speaking with the team on the miss distance issue!
    Level 1
    @Josh Let me know if you guys need any additional details on the distance miss - it does not look like this was an isolated instance as it did the same calculation for some of my other shots that went long past the pin.