Scoreboard: Registration & Subscription FAQs

Community Manager
    Registration
    Subscription Packages
    Payment
    ScoreboardLive scoring
    General

Registration

Q: How do I register my team for the 2024/25 season?
    A: Head to www.scoreboard.clippd.com and click the pink ‘Coach Portal’ button at the far right of the top nav bar. Alternatively, you can access the Scoreboard Coach Portal at coach.scoreboard.clippd.com. If you are a returning coach or SID, log in using the same email and password that you used last season. Please note: the Scoreboard Coach Portal is only viewable on desktop or laptop. It is not currently viewable on mobile devices.

Q: What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
    A: Click the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the login box, enter your email and click the pink ‘Reset my password’ button. You will be sent an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If this email does not appear in your inbox please be sure to check your spam/junk folder.

Q: What happens if I’ve moved school since last logging in to the Scoreboard Coach Portal?
    A: Contact us at support@clippd.io and we will provide you with new login details.

Q: What happens if I’ve never had login details for the Scoreboard Coach Portal?
    A: Contact us at support@clippd.io and we will provide you with login details.

Q: Is there a deadline for registration?
    A: For NCAA Division I Golf, all schedules must be submitted in full in the Scoreboard Coach Portal by September 1st 2024. For NCAA Division II Golf, spring schedules must be submitted in full in the Scoreboard Coach Portal by February 1st, 2025. Please refer to your organization guidelines for NAIA or NJCAA required registration deadlines.

Q: Once I’ve logged into the Scoreboard Coach Portal, what happens next?
    A: You will be required to select one of four subscription packages for the season (details below). Once you have decided which package you want, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the package from the dropdown menu.

Q: Can I complete registration of my team without selecting a subscription package?
    A: No. You must go select a subscription package in order to complete team registration for the season. You can upgrade your subscription package at any time.

Subscription Packages

Scoreboard Pro package subscription

Q: What features are included in the Pro Tier?
    A: The Scoreboard Pro subscription is our most comprehensive package. It provides everything a coach or SID needs to run and manage a rankings event within the Scoreboard Coach Portal (e.g., roster management, tournament creation & scheduling, printables, event history), as well as full access to see all official Scoreboard rankings and leaderboards, including team and player ranking trends.

In addition, Scoreboard Pro subscribers can see historical Scoreboard data for previous years, and can access ScoreboardLive scoring so staff can follow any qualifying and practice events in the ScoreboardLive app as they are happening.

Last but not least, Scoreboard Pro subscribers can access Advanced Analytics on team and players, including valuable team v team and player v player analytics to help a coach plan upcoming events and strategy to help their teams compete to their best ability. It also includes access to a Smart Scheduler that helps them see schedules of all teams with whom they may want to schedule an event.

Q: Can we use ScoreboardLive scoring for practice and qualifying rounds with the Scoreboard Pro subscription?
    A: Yes. Scoreboard Pro includes ScoreboardLive scoring for qualifying and practice rounds.

Q: Does ScoreboardLive option for practice and qualifying rounds with Scoreboard Pro package keep a record and display an archive of all practice and qualifying rounds in the Scoreboard Coach Portal?
    A: ScoreboardLive will display and record all qualifying and practice rounds within the Scoreboard Coach Portal enabling you to view results within the qualifying/practice event. Qualifying/practice analytics are shown with the Analytics section of the coach portal.

Q: Are there any special requirements to use Scoreboard Pro features?
    A: All you need is an internet connection and compatible devices to access the features through the Scoreboard app and the Scoreboard Coach Portal.

Q: Can I downgrade from Scoreboard Pro if I realize it’s too much?
    A: There is a standard refund policy which is detailed in these FAQs below. If you are within the defined parameters, Clippd will amend your tier. This can be achieved by contacting us at support@clippd.io.

Scoreboard Standard subscription

Q: What features are included in the Scoreboard Standard subscription package?
    A: The Standard Tier offers everything in Scoreboard Pro except for the valuable insights provided by Advanced Analytics (e.g., team v team, player v player) and the smart team scheduler.

Q: Are there any limitations in the Scoreboard Standard package compared to the Scoreboard Pro package?
    A: The main limitation is the absence of Advanced Analytics (e.g., team v team, player v player), which is only available in the Scoreboard Pro package. Scoreboard Standard does not include the Smart Scheduler either.

Q. Can I upgrade my subscription package? And if so, how is it priced (pro rata or advertised annual cost)?
    A: You can upgrade to a higher tier at any point during the season via the Scoreboard Coach Portal. In order to obtain the upgrade, you will need to pay the difference in price between the two subscription packages. There is no pro rata and you will pay the full difference at any point during the season.

Scoreboard Basic subscription

Q: What features are included in the Scoreboard Basic package?
    A: The Scoreboard Basic package includes essential features for programs and the public to view information on a team page, such as team schedules, official rankings and event leaderboards, and Scoreboard announcements or content, as well as team and player ranking trends.

Q: Is ScoreboardLive scoring for practice and qualifying available in the Scoreobard Basic package?
    A: No. ScoreboardLive scoring for Qualifying/Practice is not available in Scoreboard Basic Tier. It is available in the Scoreboard Standard and Scoreboard Pro packages.

Q: Can we access the Scoreboard Coach Portal with the Basic package?
    A: Yes. You can access the Scoreboard Coach Portal and run any tournament over the year within the Scoreboard Basic package, which will feed into rankings and the Scoreboard website/app.

Scoreboard Entry subscription

Q: What features are included in the Scoreboard Entry package?
    A: Scoreboard Entry Tier provides the minimum that a program needs to enter tournaments, enter results, and be ranked. It includes basic team management and entry-level tournament features. Further, fans and followers of a team that only subscribes to the Scoreboard Entry package will not be able to see any team or player ranking trends or event history over the course of a season.

Q: Can we view team rankings with the Scoreboard Entry package?
    A: Yes. Scoreboard Entry allows you to view the current team ranking, but no team or player ranking trends over the course of the season.

Q: Does the Scoreboard Entry package include ScoreboardLive scoring for practice and qualifying?
    A: No. ScoreboardLive scoring is not available in the Entry package. It is available in the Scoreboard Standard and Scoreboard Pro packages.

Q: Are there any reporting or analytics features in the Scoreboard Entry package?
    A: No. Scoreboard Entry includes only basic scoring and ranking displays.

Payment

Q: What are the payment options?
    A: Payment can be made via credit card, ACH, bank transfer or check. Payment must be made within 30 days. Unpaid accounts will be moved to the Scoreboard Entry subscription package after 30 days until payment is received.

Q: What happens if my credit card does not go through?
    A: Contact support@clippd.io and one of the team will reach out to resolve the issue.

Q: Can you send an invoice to my business office?
    A: Yes. Select the ‘Pay via invoice’ option on the payment screen and an invoice will be issued to your business office with instructions for payment

Q: Can I get a receipt or invoice when paying via credit card?
    A: Yes. All payments made will be sent a receipt via email.

Q: What is the refund policy?
    A: For all subscriptions registered between August 5th and September 15th 2024, a refund window is available up until 15th October 2024. For all subscriptions registered after September 16th September 2024, there is a refund request window of 30 days.

Q: If registering and paying for men’s and women’s teams at the same time, can I get two separate invoices?
    A: Yes. In order to receive separate invoices for men’s and women’s teams, subscribe to a package and register each team separately.

Q: Do I get a discount on any Scoreboard subscriptions if I am an existing Clippd customer?
    A: Yes. Existing Clippd subscribers will receive a $150 credit against the Scoreboard Pro subscription package.

Q: Do I get a discount on Clippd by selecting any Scoreboard subscriptions?
    A: Yes. If you purchase the Scoreboard Pro subscription you will receive a $150 credit against a Clippd subscription for your team.

ScoreboardLive scoring

Q: If I want to live score my tournaments with ScoreboardLive scoring, do I need to purchase it separately for each tournament I host?
    A: Yes. The purchase of ScoreboardLive scoring is on a per event basis and separated by gender. If you are hosting a men’s and women’s event on the same dates and same location, you will need to purchase live scoring for both tournaments.

Q: When do I have to pay for ScoreboardLive scoring?
    A: You can create your event at any point in the season. If you decide to add ScoreboardLive scoring, you can do that at any point before the event. There are two payment options for Live Scoring: credit card and invoice. For credit cards, Clippd will take the payment at the point of purchase. For invoices, payment is due within 30 days of the tournament.

Q: What is the cancellation policy?
    A: Notify support@clippd.io with the reason for cancellation. Fees will be 100% refundable if the event is cancelled.

Q: Can I use other live scoring software or vendors?
    A: From the start of the 2024/25 college golf season, any tournament host that uses live scoring software that DOES NOT integrate with Scoreboard via our partner API is required to manually enter scores into the Scoreboard Coach Portal. The host must verify and publish scores to the Scoreboard website to qualify for rankings points.

Currently, the only scoring platform to have fully integrated via our partner API is LeaderboardKing. If you choose LeaderboardKing to score your tournament, live scores will be shown on the LeaderboardKing website but not on the Scoreboard website.

All scores will automatically be pushed to the Scoreboard Coach Portal at the end of each day for the tournament host to verify and publish to the Scoreboard website. Once verified and published, scores and results will be automatically included in rankings.

Q: Who should I contact regarding support for live scoring?
    A: If you are in need of support for live scoring, please reach out to support@clippd.io.

General

Q: Is there a trial period with the subscription packages?
    A: No.

Q: Can I upgrade my subscription mid-year?
    A: Yes. There is an option within the Scoreboard Coach Portal to upgrade, which requires you to pay the difference between the subscription price of the package you are on and the package you would like to upgrade to.

Q: What is the difference between basic reporting features and Advanced Analytics for team and players?
    A: Subscription packages that include basic analytics (Scoreboard Basic and above) allow fans and followers to see team and player ranking trends over the course of the season on the Scoreboard website. These team and player ranking trends are not available for fans of followers of Scoreboard Entry subscriber teams.

Teams that subscribe to the more comprehensive Scoreboard Standard and Scoreboard Pro packages avail themselves of more analytics and insights. Depending on the subscription package chosen, they can view team and player scoring averages, team scoring by par 3, 4 and 5 and by course length, team v team data and insights, player v player analytics.

Q: If we have chosen a subscription package that includes ScoreboardLive scoring for qualifying/practice, does it include the use of ScoreboardLive scoring for official tournaments?
    A: No. The use of ScoreboardLive scoring for official tournaments and official ranking events is not included in the subscription package pricing. ScoreboardLive scoring is paid for on a per event basis, priced $395 per tournament. If you wish to use ScoreboardLive Scoring for qualifying and practice events, you must have subscribed to Scoreboard Standard or Scoreboard Pro.

Q: Is ScoreboardLive scoring for official tournaments offered in any of the subscription packages?
    A: No. ScoreboardLive scoring for official tournaments and official ranking events is a separate payment and not offered within any subscription package. ScoreboardLive scoring is paid for on a per event basis, priced $395 per tournament.

Q: Do the team and player Advanced Analytics in Scoreboard Pro provide shot level statistics such as fairways hit, greens in regulations etc?
    A: No. Shot level data requires players to enter details for the shots they hit in a round. Shot level data is provided in the Clippd performance platform, currently used by more than 170 NCAA DI golf programs. Scoreboard Pro subscribers receive a $150 discount on an annual subscription to Clippd (price: $2,440 per season), which includes Clippd Coach accounts for two coaches, player accounts for all the individuals on a roster, a team onboarding session and season-long support from our team. Find out more here.

Q: Do subscribers to different Scoreboard subscription packages receive a different level of support?
    A: No. Clippd prides itself on the quality and level of support delivered to all customers and partners. We guarantee to deliver the same high level of support to subscribers to all four packages.

Q: Who should I contact with questions on what subscription package to choose?
    A: Email support@clippd.io with questions related to the subscription packages. We will talk you through the options and help you to decide on the best one for your program.

Q: Who should I contact for support or questions about Scoreboard?
    A: Email support@clippd.io with any questions and a member of our team will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Q: What are the hours of live support?
    A: Live support hours are 8am to 7pm EST.
    Last edited by Josh; 01-08-24 at 19:28.
    Clippd's Community Manager
  • 0 Replies