Clippd Tips: How do I upload my Garmin rounds? BETA TESTING

Level 1
    Hello,

I have about 43 rounds on Garmin to import. The upload link works to import the data & then I have to edit some details.

One issue I have during editing is when I have hit an out-of-bounds/lost ball off the tee. I indicate within the shot edit that it ended OOB & that my next action is that I am taking a drop. However, then the next (3rd) shot does not allow me to enter it as hit from the dropped area. It keeps showing as OTT (meaning that I have to show it as a retaken shot & not a drop). Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Community Manager
    @autridutta Thanks for reaching out

At the moment, our logic is set for normal out of bounds rules i.e. replaying the tee shot. However, in this instance is it a local rule whereby you can drop at point of entry? If so, you're not the first to ask and unfortunately there isn't a direct solution but the team are looking at resolving this!

The best workaround currently (if it's one penalty shot) would be to say the tee shot went into a hazard and you are taking a drop at the hazards point of entry rather than the out of bounds.
    Clippd's Community Manager
    Level 1
    @Josh thanks for your reply. Good to know of the workaround! I will use that.
    Level 1
    Hello,

Is there a way to default the putt distance to 99 or something? I have about 40 rounds from garmin that I have successfully loaded to clippd where I don’t have putt distance. I can’t imagine editing each putt distance and I don’t think I have the data anyway.
    Community Manager
    @mpetersen

Thanks for asking!

Leave this with me, I'm going to speak to the team about the best solution. I'll post back here as soon as I have an update!
    Level 1
    @Josh I started editing my Garmin rounds. It seems that the last shot onto the green would need a default in addition to the putts. When I view it In Garmin that last shot has a distance but in the clippd app it asks me to enter a number. That last shot may just use center of the green to do the calculation.
    Last edited by mpetersen; 18-05-23 at 18:29.
    Community Manager
    @mpetersen

In terms of assuming a PUTT Shot Quality of 99, unfortunately we cannot do this as it would effect all other areas of your game and warp the your overall data, as we would make assumptions on how close you hit approach or around the green shots. If you are able input 3-5 rounds, with edited PUTT data, that will be enough for Clippd to develop an accurate picture of your game and light up all your dashboards including WTWO.

In terms of the shot not having a distance in Clippd, that's because Garmin assumes the pin is in the middle of the green whereas we don't. We do this because Greens can be many yards long which in turn effects how far you've hit the previous shot, so we require you to enter the end distance to the flag in feet.

I hope the above makes sense but please let me know if there's any questions!
    Level 1
    Do I have to go into Connect on PC to get a link to upload into capture which seems to only be on mobile?
    I'm on android and hitting scorecard in the connect app opens the garmin golf app. I can make the scorecard public in scorecard settings, but it doesn't generate a link. Going through through Share scorecard only shares it as an image.

Hopefully I'm simply missing something, but right now im just confused.
    Community Manager
    @seedykiwi

Thanks for posting!

It sounds like you may be trying to copy a link from the Garmin Golf App. Have you got Garmin Connect? This is where you copy the link from.
    Level 1
    @Josh yeah I have both. When I go into Connect > activities > golf > scorecards, it launches Garmin Golf and shows rounds that way.
    I have Uninstalled garmin golf just to test and connect won't open the scorecards, just tells me I need to download garmin golf.