Got a question? Let us know

Community Manager
    I had a hole where I went OB, but didn't retee. I used the new local rule of taking two penalty strokes and dropping in the fairway where you went out. Clippd doesn't seem to let me have shot 2 and 3 be penalties, and shot 4 start from the fairway. It wants shot 3 off the tee or that's it. I don't want to enter shot 3 as where I ended up in the fairway since that would mess up my data as it's a shot I didn't hit.

@colinbdaly thank you for reaching out. It's a really good question.

I've spoken with the Product Team and at the moment, there isn't a way you could include the scenario you mentioned.

The simplest workaround would be to mark the tee shot as OB, then say you took a drop into the fairway and continue the hole from there. This would give you the correct Shot Quality data, it would just show you shooting one less than you did. Eg. 75 instead of 76.

It is possible to take a two shot penalty from any shot and then replay from the same place.

The team will be looking into the scenario you provided for future development so thank you for raising!
    Clippd's Community Manager
    Community Manager
    ...similarly. There's a hole where I picked up (didn't put out). There should be a way to mark as picked up or something. In both instances I had to delete all the shots I did take in order to save the round.

Couple other questions from inputting my first round:
    What if I was in the wrong fairway? Should that be marked as rough left/right?
    The enhanced data asks for the shape of the par 4 and par 5 holes. Will this be saved round to round or do I enter hole shape for the same course each time?

Hi @colinbdaly

In terms of the ability to 'pick up' this is something that is something we want to put into Clippd Capture. It's in the pipeline and we will let everyone know when it's possible.

RE the wrong fairway. If your intention was to hit your ball onto the wrong fairway (this could be for a better line in etc) then we would recommend you putting down your end lie as fairway. If you you have missed your intended fairway, then you would put right/left rough.

Enhanced mode will always ask you to input the hole shape. The reason for this is because hole shapes can change depending on where a tee box. For instance you may have winter tee placements or a set of tees may be in a different position for a specific day etc. There is also the possibility of an entire hole undertaking a redesign.

I hope this helps clear a few things up but thank you again for reaching out and if there's anything in the future then do let me know!
    Level 3

The simplest workaround would be to mark the tee shot as OB, then say you took a drop into the fairway and continue the hole from there. This would give you the correct Shot Quality data, it would just show you shooting one less than you did. Eg. 75 instead of 76.
    How do I tell it I'm taking a drop in the fairway? I can't delete shot 1 to be something other than tee, 348 yards.. If I mark shot 1 OTT as OB, shot 2 is automatically out of bounds, but shot 3 Strat lie is tee, 348 yards. Don't see where I can drop in the fairway or similar.

It is possible to take a two shot penalty from any shot and then replay from the same place.

How do I do this?

Thanks for the help!
    Level 3
    @Josh Thank you!

So in a scenario like this, I can't enter any shots for this hole at all? Seems like the simplest fix would be to allow me to save the round without a hole finished out. As is it won't let me tap 'save' so I have to delete all shots and have missing hole data.

Also, is it just me or can I not edit my shots from the desktop version of clippd? It would be much more convenient to be entering this on my desktop; not sure why this is prevented.
    Level 2
    I've entered five rounds so far as well as adding my practice and a recent lesson so I'm becoming more proficient with the user interface. With that, I decided for the last two rounds that I was going to use the Enhanced Mode to also provide more data on the putts I was facing. With that done, I don't see any performance data that seems to take advantage of the additional information. Maybe something like tendencies to under or over-read break or slope or something else.

Is there a benefit from the app in entering enhanced data and if so, how do I view the data the app is providing as a result of having the enhanced entries?
    Community Manager
    If you require taking a drop in the fairway, select end lie as penalty area then for 'What did you do next', 'took a drop' then for 'where did you drop, choose fairway. Then just enter your distance to hole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4997.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	974

Any shot that means you end up taking two penalty shots, put the end lie as penalty area, then for 'What did you do next' select 'other'. You will then be able to select two penalty strokes and replay from same place.

Name:	IMG_4996.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	973
    Community Manager
    @Josh Thank you!

So in a scenario like this, I can't enter any shots for this hole at all? Seems like the simplest fix would be to allow me to save the round without a hole finished out. As is it won't let me tap 'save' so I have to delete all shots and have missing hole data.

Also, is it just me or can I not edit my shots from the desktop version of clippd? It would be much more convenient to be entering this on my desktop; not sure why this is prevented.

In terms of a pick up option, we do not currently offer one, but this is something we are looking at. We need to factor in how it affects your data, scoring averages etc. We are advocates of getting as much data as possible into the platform to have the greatest understanding of your game, but if this is not possible then the best option is to skip the hole entirely at the moment.

Capture has been built with mobile in mind. We want to allow users the ease of entering rounds via Garmin or Capture from anywhere including on the course as they play or in the clubhouse afterwards. This is something we will be looking at later this year as we have had a few requests for being able to enter via Desktop.
    Last edited by Josh; 11-04-23 at 08:40.
    Community Manager
    I've entered five rounds so far as well as adding my practice and a recent lesson so I'm becoming more proficient with the user interface. With that, I decided for the last two rounds that I was going to use the Enhanced Mode to also provide more data on the putts I was facing. With that done, I don't see any performance data that seems to take advantage of the additional information. Maybe something like tendencies to under or over-read break or slope or something else.

Is there a benefit from the app in entering enhanced data and if so, how do I view the data the app is providing as a result of having the enhanced entries?

Our initial mission for Capture was to get something in people’s hands that required the minimum amount of data to light up all of Clippd. We added Enhanced Mode to test the water and see who would want to add in that extra data.

This example and a few others we have had, show people are keen to spend more time putting data in. Therefore we are currently looking into enhancing Clippd with the enhanced data.

Putting enhancements including miss tendencies will be dropping into Clippd later this week with more enhancements to follow. Any enhancements you add now will all be backdated as we bring them into the platform.
    Level 1
    There’s a real issue with the enhanced data tiles when using an iPhone. You press certain areas of the phone and it doesn’t highlight the correct area. It’s driving me crazy I’m selecting that I missed short right and it keeps moving the type of break I had.

please sort computer entry asap. It would be so much easier
    ibe done

Name:	DC5E562E-705A-4747-95CF-292BF1FF2624.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	982
    Last edited by Josh; 16-06-23 at 14:16.
    Community Manager
    @mendiegk

Sorry to see you're having some errors. I have spoken with the team here who are looking into the issue. As soon as I have an update I'll post back here.